Jasmine Pearl Spritzer - The perfect non-alcoholic brew to swap out for a wine this summer
Feeling fancy? When you need a delicious and delicate drink to swap out for that glass of bubbly, a Jasmine Pearl Spritzer has the look and feel of Champagne but with a fresh jasmine aroma that's both delicate and flavourful to help you celebrate something special or unwind after a long hot day.
Our Jasmine Pearl tea is the star of this drink. It's a type of scented tea from China's Fujian region. The tea is made by combining the best newly sprouted green tea leaves with fresh jasmine flowers. The tea leaves are hand-picked in the spring, ensuring their freshness and quality. The jasmine flowers are then carefully layered with the tea leaves, allowing the fragrance to infuse into the tea, and hand rolled into beautiful pearls.
Hot or cold, this is a smooth sweet and fragrant drink that lends itself to many different occasions and is extra special when combined with the crispness of sparkling water, creating a perfect balance of flavours.
What You'll Need
To make 8 champagne flutes of this refreshing spritzer, you'll need:
- 350ml water
- 7 scoops/heaped tsp Noble and Sunday's Jasmine Pearl tea
- 60ml of double strength sugar syrup (1/4 cup sugar: 1/8 cup water)
- 1.08L Sparkling water
Follow these simple steps to create your own delicious spritzer:
Step 1: Brew the Jasmine Pearl Tea ConcentrateStart by brewing 350ml cups of jasmine pearl tea concentrate.
Ideally, add cold water to the 7 scoops of tea and then infuse in the fridge for 6 hours.
In a hurry? Heat water to 80°C, and steep the tea leaves for 5 minutes.
Strain the tea leaves and let the tea cool to room temperature.
This will be the concentrated tea flavor that will give your spritzer its distinct taste.
Step 2: Make the Sugar Syrup
This is a double strength syrup to make more room for bubbles.
Add 1/4 cup sugar to 1/8 cup water, and melt in a pot or in the microwave until dissolved.
The sugar syrup will add a touch of sweetness to your spritzer, enhancing the flavours of the jasmine tea.
Step 3: Put it all together
To a champagne flute, add:
- 7.5ml syrup (1/2 TBSP)
- 37.5ml tea concentrate (2.5 TBSP)
- 135ml (or fill) with sparkling water.
Don't want to measure? We found a shotglass really handy, otherwise you can mix 300ml tea concentrate with 60ml syrup, then eyeball the pour across 8 glasses and top up with sparkling water.
Olive leaf makes a stunning garnish and so would jasmine flowers if you can find them!
Health Benefits of Jasmine Tea
1. Rich in Antioxidants: Jasmine tea contains a high concentration of antioxidants, which help protect the body against free radicals and oxidative stress. These antioxidants can contribute to overall health and well-being.
2. Boosts Immune System: The combination of green tea and jasmine flowers provides a natural boost to the immune system. The tea is rich in vitamins and minerals that support a healthy immune response.
3. Promotes Relaxation: The aroma of jasmine has been known to have a calming effect on the mind and body. Drinking jasmine tea can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
4. Supports Digestive Health: Jasmine tea has been used for centuries to aid digestion. It can help soothe the stomach, relieve bloating, and improve overall digestive function.
5. Enhances Skin Health: The antioxidants found in jasmine tea can help improve skin health and reduce the signs of aging. Regular consumption of jasmine tea may result in a clearer, more radiant complexion.
How to Brew Jasmine Tea
To fully enjoy the flavors and benefits of jasmine tea, it is important to brew it correctly. Here's a simple guide:
1. Boil water and let it cool for a few minutes to around 80°C.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of jasmine tea pearls per 250ml water in a teapot or infuser.
3. Pour the hot water over the tea and let it steep for 3 minutes.
4. Strain the tea and pour it into a cup.
5. Enjoy the fragrant and flavourful jasmine tea on its own - if you choose to sweeten, honey will change the flavour but that's not always a bad thing! Experiment to see what your favourite sweetener for this drink is. Our team prefers white sugar for this one so there's no overpowering of the Jasmine aroma.
Give it a try!
Jasmine tea is not only a delightful and aromatic beverage but also makes you feel good on the inside and out. Not just fancy, the rich antioxidant content and its ability to promote relaxation and support digestive health, makes the tea is a wonderful addition to any tea lover's collection.
Indulge in a cup of jasmine tea and experience its beauty and benefits for yourself! Grab your box here.